Suffolk County’s real estate market is still recovering which should make most every Suffolk homeowner’s property values decline further this year. The one silver lining in that dark cloud- you might have a great shot at lowering your property taxes. If you think you’ve been over assessed, you have a right to protest the assessment – which could mean tax dollars in your pocket. Let’s face it, in this economy, every dollar counts!
The 2014 Tax Grievance season is here and it is setting up to be a big one! This is mainly due to another dismal year in the yet to recover Suffolk County housing market. A bad thing if you are trying to sell, a great opportunity if you are thinking about grieving your taxes!
- No one will visit your home
- Your property taxes can only be reduced, it is against NYS law to raise them due to a tax grievance filing
- Studies have shown that for every $1,000 in lower property taxes, the home’s value increases by $10,000-$20,000
- NO REDUCTION=NO FEE which means we fight for every last dollar!
- Even if you’ve been denied in prior years, since it costs you nothing and comparable values change each year, give it a shot. You have nothing to lose, except…Your taxes!
- We handle everything from completing the necessary legal paperwork to going to NYS Supreme Court. Simply fill out our 1 page Online Application by clicking the “Apply Now” button on this webpage, and we handle the rest.